Book your appointment today
MON – FRI: 9 AM – 9 PM
SAT – SUN: 9 AM – 5 PM
PUBLIC HOLIDAYS: CLOSED
WISDOM TOOTH SURGERY
What is a wisdom tooth surgery?
A wisdom tooth surgery invovles the extraction of the permanent molars found at the back corners of your mouth. At our clinic, we’ll conduct a thorough examination to determine if your wisdom tooth requires a surgical removal.
Why should I remove my wisdom tooth?
There are several reasons for this:
• It helps to curb the spread of infection, crowding of teeth and swelling
• Prevents the formation of cysts, tooth decay and gum pain
Will it hurt?
During the surgery, you will be administered local anaesthesia so you should not feel any pain during the removal. After the surgery, you will be given antibiotics and painkillers to help with the recovery.
What are the risks involved?
Wisdom Teeth Extraction Surgery is commonly performed and is generally safe. You may experience facial swelling, pain, jaw stiffness and some bleeding for up to 2 weeks. These symptoms are usually at their worst for the first 2-3 days and will gradually improve. As this is still a surgery, there are some risks involved:
• Accidental damage to other teeth and jaw during surgery
• Severe pain caused by infection – this happens when the blood clot breaks away from the wound
• Numbness in the lower lip or tongue – potentially caused by nerve damage and there is a small risk that this could be permanent
• Jaw stiffness as the mouth may not be able to fully open while the wound is healing
What are some wisdom teeth surgery recovery tips?
• Avoid rinsing your mouth or consuming hot/cold foods after the operation
• Kindly refrain from smoking after the surgery
• Bite hard on gauze, to be changed every 30 mins
• Refrain from taking part in strenuous activities 4-5 days after the operation
• Rinse your mouth with antiseptic mouthwash/warm salt water after eating
• Finish your course of antibiotics and take the painkillers when necessary
• Be careful not to brush too close to the wound
• Don’t forget to visit the clinic in a week to get your stitches removed
Can I use my Medisave for this?
Because this is a surgical extraction, you may claim between $650 to $1,250 from your Medisave.